Our club participates in a variety of projects throughout the year that involve fundraising, community service, and assisting children locally and worldwide. Additionally, we have speakers at our weekly meetings to explore topics of interest to the membership. We share experiences, talents and our collective interests. All represent great opportunities for service, friendships and personal growth.
Below are the projects and activities in which we are currently involved:
- CAMP KIWANIS - Camp Kiwanis has been our club’s signature project since 1948. we own a 10 acre camp in the Ocala National Forest with accommodations for 104 campers and appropriate staff. the Marion county School system runs a summer camp here with 4-6 one week sessions depending on demand.
- PANCAKE DAY - Pancake Day has been our primary fundraiser to support Camp Kiwanis since 1958. One Saturday in December is designated Pancake Day. The First Vice President is chair of this event and the entire club is expected to help sell tickets, solicit sponsors, and work one of two shifts on the designated day to cook, serve, and clean up.
- SPORTSMAN’S DINNER AND AUCTIOJN - we have an event in the Spring or Summer with a hunting and fishing theme. We auction or raffle sporting goods and related items to raise funds for all of our Children’s activities with one third going to Camp Kiwanis.
- CHILDREN’S PROJECTS
- TERRIFIC KIDS
- BICYCLE HELMETS
- CAR SEATS
- CRIBS (to prevent co-sleeping death)
- NEVER SHAKE A BABY EDUCATION
- SWIMMING LESSONS
Photo at left is one Camp Kiwanis dorm group with counselor.